This quick cauliflower chowder is made in only 30 minutes, is filled with delicious flavors and it's high in protein so it's satisfying and low carb.
Write a review
- 8 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 4 C grated cauliflower
- 2 T water
- 2 T flour
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 C cream
- 1 t paprika
- 2 1/2 C shredded cheddar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Whisk together flour and 1/4 C chicken broth, set aside. Saute bacon in large pot over medium until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel and keep 1 T of drippings. Add onion, celery, garlic, salt, pepper and saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and water, close lid and steam 7 minutes. Add remaining broth and cream and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in flour/broth, stir 3-4 minutes on low until chowder thickens.
- Turn off heat, add cheese, salt, pepper, & paprika.
- Serve with some reserved cheese, scallions, & bacon.
New Leaf Nutrition http://newleafnutritionri.com/