Experiment with spices and herbs: thyme, garlic, cayenne, paprika, nutmeg, white pepper, salt, sauteed leeks, or chives!
Write a review
- 7 oz each of Gruyere, Sharp Cheddar and Emmantaler, cubed
- 1 T butter
- 1 T all-purpose flour or almond flour
- 1 C broth, (wine or beer optional)
- Bring liquid to a boil in small saucepan
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Whisk in flour and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid sticking and burning
- Stir liquid into flour mixture slowly. Use a whisk to stir the mixture. Slowly add cubes of Gruyere, Cheddar and Emmentaler. Stir until cheese is melted. Transfer cheese to fondue pot. Keep warm over low flame.
New Leaf Nutrition http://newleafnutritionri.com/