Always the perfect pair, beets and goat cheese are presented in a beautiful way in this sweet and tangy recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb large beets, washed and trimmed
- Your favorite vinaigrette
- 1 oz toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 C mixed baby lettuce, washed and dried
- 6 oz Goat Cheese
- 1 T sour cream
- 1/4 chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400′ F
- Place beets in foil and roast 1 hour. Check with knife to see if tender. Larger beets may need a bit longer. Cool and peel, trim ends.
- Cut each beet into thirds.
- Place first layer of beet on flat firm surface. Layer with goat cheese/sour cream/chive mixture. Repeat and finish with top third of beet Garnish with chives.
- Arrange baby greens around Beet Napoleon, drizzle vinaigrette and top with toasted hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
To Prepare the Day Before
- The beets and cheese mixture can me made a day ahead of time. Enjoy!