Experiment with spices and herbs: thyme, garlic, cayenne, paprika, nutmeg, white pepper, salt, sauteed leeks, or chives!
- 7 oz each of Gruyere, Sharp Cheddar and Emmantaler, cubed
- 1 T butter
- 1 T all-purpose flour or almond flour
- 1 C broth, (wine or beer optional)
- Bring liquid to a boil in small saucepan
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Whisk in flour and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid sticking and burning
- Stir liquid into flour mixture slowly. Use a whisk to stir the mixture. Slowly add cubes of Gruyere, Cheddar and Emmentaler. Stir until cheese is melted. Transfer cheese to fondue pot. Keep warm over low flame.