Looking for a fresh dish that’s quick and full of both nutrition and amazing flavor? These flank steak lettuce wraps are just the thing!
- 1/2 C thinly sliced green onion
- 3 T brown sugar (Splenda)
- 1 T jar minced garlic
- 2 t sesame oil
- 3 t rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 2-lb flank steak
- cooking spray
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or boston lettuce, leaves separated
- Combine marinade ingredients and whisk together in medium bowl. Add half marinade and flank steak to zip lock bag. Chill and marinate 4-24 hours. Chill remaining marinade.
- Spray grill and cook steak on medium-high for 8-10 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes, before slicing across the grain. Serve in lettuce cups.
Toppings can include matchstick carrots, bean sprouts, sliced water chestnuts, sliced scallions, cilantro, sour cream, etc.