Serve this savory Garlic & Sage Roasted Pork tenderloin as your main course. Accompanied by plenty of vegetables, it makes a healthy, filling meal.
- 3 lb boneless pork roast
- 1T finely minced garlic
- 1T finely minced sage
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 C reduced sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 425′ F. Add a rack coated with cooking spray to a large roasting pan. Blot extra moisture off roast with a paper towel.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, sage, S & P. Using a thin bladed knife, make 6 diagonal slits across the top of the pork roast, cutting about 1/3 through the roast. Using your fingers insert some of the garlic/sage mixture into the slits. Rub remaining mixture over the top of the roast. Rub pork with the olive oil.
- Roast the pork for 30 minutes. Pour 1/2 C of broth over roast, and lower temp to 325′. Roast an additional hour adding 1/3 C broth every 15 minutes, until the internal temp of the roast reaches 150′ on meat thermometer.
- Remove the roast from the oven to a platter and tent with oil to keep warm until ready to serve. Slice and serve!