Another low-carb, colorful, flavorful, and of course delicious appetizer. Guacamole tomatoes are the perfect dish for your next get-together.
- 24 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- Cut off the tops of each tomato. With a melon baller, carefully scoop out and reserve the flesh of the tomatoes. Set the prepared cherry tomato “cups” upside down on a paper towel to drain for 15 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the tomato flesh and add to a mixing bowl. Add the mashed avocado, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Stuff each cherry tomato with the avocado mixture.