A beautiful presentation and enticing flavor make these Thai Chicken Salad in Cucumber Cups a lovely appetizer or hors d’oeuvre.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1T peanut oil
- 1 lb ground white-meat chicken
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1T prepared fish sauce
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 t brown sugar
- 1/2 t chili puree with garlic
- 1/2 C finely chopped mint
- 2 T minced fresh cilantro
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel each cucumber lengthwise in a striped pattern. Cut each cucumber in 12 slices, each one an inch thick. Using a small spoon or melon baller, hollow out each slice, leaving the bottom of each cup intact. Discard excess cucumber or use in another recipe.
- Heat peanut oil in wok or saucepan, add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, breaking up chicken into small pieces.
- Add onion, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and chili puree, cooking for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is cooked through.
- Stir in the mint and cilantro, and toss. Using a small spoon, fill the cucumber cups with the chicken salad. Garnish with fresh cilantro or mint sprigs.