In the mood for beef? A twist on the traditional roast, this Walnut Crusted Beef Tenderloin has a rich juicy flavor enhanced by the walnut crust.
- 1 beef tenderloin, 4 lb, trimmed
- 1 C walnut pieces
- 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 2 med. garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1 t chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400′ F.
- Combine nuts, almond flour, olive oil, zest, garlic, rosemary and salt in medium bowl.
- Place tenderloin onto a roasting pan. Tuck under small end to allow for more even cooking. Press topping firmly onto top and sides of tenderloin.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135’F on a meat thermometer for medium doneness.
- Remove from oven and lest rest for 10 minutes before slicing.