Zucchini noodles are light and absorb the yummy flavors in this bright and flavorful pad thai recipe.
FOR THE PAD THAI
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 C peanuts
- 1 T peanut oil
- 1 C bean sprouts
FOR THE SAUCE
- Juice from one lime
- 1 t vinegar
- 2 T fish sauce or soy
- 1 T Sriracha
- 2 T brown sugar or brown sugar Splenda
- Whisk Pad Thai Sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink on both sides. Add garlic and cook one minute, turning heat to medium high.
- Add eggs and stir as in scramble.
- Add half the bean sprouts, half the green onions and half the peanuts, then pour the sauce over everything. Toss and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add zoodles, toss everything and turn off heat.
- Serve and add remaining bean sprouts, peanuts and scallions on top.